The Amsler grid is used to check whether lines look wavy or distorted, or whether areas of the visual field are missing.
- Tape this page at eye level where light is consistent and without glare.
- Put on your reading glasses and cover one eye.
- Fix your gaze on the center black dot.
- Keeping your gaze fixed, try to see if any lines are distorted or missing.
- Mark the defect on the chart.
- TEST EACH EYE SEPARATELY.
- If the distortion is new or has worsened, arrange to see your eye doctor at once.
- Always keep the Amsler’s Chart the same distance from your eyes each time you test.
“Eat Right for Your Sight” Cooking Show
Science-based AMD diet recipes for reducing the risk of macular degeneration progression.View Cooking Show