The Amsler grid is used to check whether lines look wavy or distorted, or whether areas of the visual field are missing.
- Tape this page at eye level where light is consistent and without glare.
- Put on your reading glasses and cover one eye.
- Fix your gaze on the center black dot.
- Keeping your gaze fixed, try to see if any lines are distorted or missing.
- Mark the defect on the chart.
- TEST EACH EYE SEPARATELY.
- If the distortion is new or has worsened, arrange to see your eye doctor at once.
- Always keep the Amsler’s Chart the same distance from your eyes each time you test.
Eat Right for Your Sight Cookbook
Recipes from Alice Waters, Jacques Pepin, Debra Samuels, Lidia Matticchio Bastianich, Ina Garten, Dr. Andrew Weil, and more.
Proceeds support the mission of The American Macular Degeneration Foundation.