1. Tape this page at eye level where light is consistent and without glare.
2. Put on your reading glasses and cover one eye.
3. Fix your gaze on the center black dot.
4. Keeping your gaze fixed, try to see if any lines are distorted or missing.
5. Mark the defect on the chart.
6. TEST EACH EYE SEPARATELY.
7. If the distortion is new or has worsened, arrange to see your eye doctor at once.
8. Always keep the Amsler’s Chart the same distance from your eyes each time you test.
The AMDF is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, publicly supported organization. Contributions are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law.